Again, I did not accomplish as much as I planned. Here is what I did this week:
- Signed a contract on another house
- Made several blog entries
- Had an article published at bigger Pockets about reducing you rental headaches.
- Added content to my Sell Your House website – a landing page for investors, some articles, and the functionality to email me when I get a lead.
- Setup an adWords campaign which I will enable this weekend. I am trying to get traffic from people looking to buy (investors) or sell. I want the investors so I can wholesale some deals.
My offer has been accepted on the Bathroom Hole house. Initially, I was not able to get into the house. A small bathroom window was open and I tried to climb in and I barely fit into the window. When I got half way in I saw a hole in the bathroom floor – right under the window. The hole was about 3’ X 1‘ and I would have fallen in if I climbed in. I have never been inside this house.
I conservatively estimate that this house will sell for $100,000 which I explained in a previous post. I will be getting it for $32,000. I do not have a detailed repair estimate, and I have not even been inside the house.
I originally offered $23,500 as detailed in my original post. My agent had to enter the offer into a web site and there she found that there was another offer for $33,000 with no response.
I increased my offer to $30,000, but it would be cash, close in two weeks, 10% earnest money, and waive the inspection period. I was hoping this sure-deal would carry more weight that the $33k offer – or at least get a highest and best request.
The seller countered the next morning with $39k.