I have still not ordered the bandit signs. However, I have two sales in the works and do not think I could commit to another house right now. I would like to be fillingthe pipeline and I intend to order the signs next week.
There has been no progress on the eon house. We are still waiting on a power-of-attorney from the seller. This is a Bank of America owned foreclosure. I am tempted to bail on this one, but the numbers are good and I think I will just wait it out. My extension expired on Nov. 30 and I assume I will need to sign another one.
I now have a repair estimate on the Bathroom Hole house. It looks like I will make just over a $20k profit. There is room to make more based on the selling price – the agent suggested a starting price about $15k higher than my numbers.
I worked out a payment arrangement with a tenant in one of the houses I have with a partner. I don’t think the arrangement will work but my partner is softer than I am (one of the reason I say not to use partners).
I filed eviction on a tenant in a house I have without a partner. She has not paid October or November rent – she owes almost $2,300 now that December rent is due. Just after filing, a money order for $360 arrived in my box. After she was served, she called and wanted to work out an arrangement – she said she had $400 more and could give me $700 in two weeks.
I am not cashing the money order because that would force me to re-file the eviction. I told her to hold the $400 and when she has the other $700 she can give it to me – $1,100 plus the $360 she mailed is $1,460. I will then work a payment arrangement for her to get caught up. If she does not do this I will let the eviction take the normal course – which will probably have her out in 3 weeks.